Excel Experts – Our mission
As Excel experts our mission is to provide Excel business users with professional, purpose built solutions which are consistently perceived as efficient, creative, affordable and valuable designed by friendly, attentive and talented people
Why Choose Us ?
Our philosophy at Gilding & Company is to empower our customers not restrict them. When you come to us we will allow you the flexibility to change your project specification as the design evolves. We will actively support a solution that you can manage in-house without maintenance contracts. We will offer suggestions and make recommendations as part of the service. In short, we will work with you to ensure you get what you want just the way you want it.
When you use a tool like Excel day in and day out you get learn little tricks and new ways of doing things. At Gilding & Company we have been learning new tips and tricks for over 12 years and would consider ourselves to be Excel experts. More than that though, our scope of work has encompassed everything from managing stamp club membership fees to systems that produce quotes and project plans for ship building.
Different jobs require different solutions. We are fortunate to have some very talented people who are gifted at listening to the customer and understanding the needs of the individual as well as the needs of the business.
Capability is not all technical, quite often it’s personal.
We believe that our customers come back to us again and again because they know that not only will we do a good job developing their solution, but we will be there to help them should they need it. We don’t believe that costly service contracts are necessary. We believe that if you have a problem you just need to pick up the phone. As Excel experts hopefully we can sort it quickly so we will, if what you require is more involved we’ll give you a price, but more often than not we turn it around free of charge.
What our clients have to say about us
- It has been a pleasure working with Gilding & Co over the past 18 months. Not only are they responsive, getting our reports delivered each month on time without us asking, but they have also alerted us when other elements in the process are not working. It’s nice to hand off an assignment and know that it will be taken care of with little management on our side. As this is a high profile project with our top customer, it’s important to me that Gilding and Co represents our company in the best light possible as they are in essence an extension of our team. In addition, Gilding and Co have been instrumental in helping us find ways to improve upon our current process by listening to our needs and recommending new ways the project can be approached.Denise Scarpelli - International Sr. Marketing Manager Legrand North America
- “I have engaged Gilding&Co on several company improvement projects where I have required specialist Microsoft Excel support to develop automated solutions for time consuming tasks that are manually completed in Excel by company managers. Typical tasks include manual manipulation of data or development of bespoke reports that can take the management team many hours each month to create. Using automated templates developed by Gilding&Co, these tasks can be reduced to minutes and free up valuable management resource. The cost effectiveness of the solutions can produce a very attractive ROI and have proved highly effective at improving efficiency and reducing the cost of wasted time in a company. I would highly recommend Gilding&Co as a partner”Christian Cranfield-Project Director CC Consultants Ltd
- "When I needed expert help to build an Excel analysis tool, which would generate high quality reporting output, I had no particular views on which supplier I would choose to support me with this. I made contact with three companies and within 24 hours it was already quite clear to me that Gilding & Co were the team I wanted to work with. They were friendly, approachable, well-informed and entirely professional and within this short space of time (while I was still fielding technical questions from one other supplier and had not yet managed to connect with the third) had given me confidence that they both understood my business requirement and could deliver this for me at reasonable cost and within my deadlines. This impression was absolutely borne out as they worked to complete my project. The questions they asked and points raised along the way were always thought-provoking and helpful, they were both highly responsive and extremely patient as my specifications evolved, and have delivered a fantastic end-product with which I am delighted."Katherine Thomas - Director Emmanuel Gobillot
- "We were looking for experts on producing bespoke excel packages and we definitely found them.From the beginning I found Gilding and Company great to work with as they patiently asked questions to work out what we precisely wanted. I knew, vaguely what we wanted to achieve but through their thorough approach they helped me clarify how I wanted the package to work. At each step of the way they showed us the progress made and checked if we were on the right lines and asked if we had any further comments or suggestions. We are delighted with the end product and it does exactly what we wanted it to do. We can now confidently demonstrate with the package the progress our children make through the Early Years Foundation Stage. During our recent OFSTED inspection, during which we were judged to be outstanding in all areas, the Inspector commented favourably to us on how useful the package was. Many, many thanks and I really recommend you to anyone else who is looking to develop an excel package which is exactly tailored to their needs."Joanne O'Raw - Headteacher Larkhill School
- "Gilding & Co have worked closely with us and listened to our needs, adapting and changing to our business requirements. Gilding & Company have undoubtedly helped us to make even better use of our data helping us to achieve a competitive advantage, save time and reduce costs.”Paul Suter - Group Finance Director Harwoods Group
- Gilding & Company have provided an excellent service. Development of the system has been thorough and also flexible,changing with our business needs. Our new model is highly detailed and simple to use. I believe it will significantly help us to gain a competitive advantage and enable us to be more efficient."Peter Thompson - Chief of Operations UAI LLC
Meet the Team
I grew up in Dorset but was drawn away to attend London University. After finishing my degree I joined Shell’s London I.T. department but after three years decided to follow in my father’s footsteps. I became a medical sales representative, field trainer and head office trainer I then found myself back in I.T.
I love sales and I will always haggle and barter, but my analytical mind needs challenges and that is exactly what we are given with many of the projects we undertake. Having used various programming languages in the past I now mainly use VBA. Microsoft Excel and Access become much more powerful when VBA programming is used to automate process, validate data or create perfect output.
Over the years I have worked on a huge selection of diverse projects from clients in all business areas. I now use this knowledge along with my technical expertise to ensure any system or report we design not only meets the requirement of the client but exceeds them. Gilding & Co have been successfully building Excel systems for thirteen years and in that time we have always delivered on time and on budget. No challenge has beaten us.
I am looking forward to the next challenge and I’m very happy to be back in Dorset too.
- E: email@example.com
- P:07900 998854
I started my career in finance working in the banking industry then used my financial experience in various roles in other business sectors. In the early 90’s I held a role in a small medical device company which allowed me to use my financial experience alongside data analysis and system design, creating a bespoke purchasing and finance system using Sage.
Working in system design and creative business analysis I soon identified my love of these areas. I further expanded my understanding of the power data to explore business strategies and the importance of clean accurate data collection when working in the Pharmaceutical industry alongside large ETM/CRM system developers Dendrite and Cegedim.
I love working with data and enjoy finding ways to get the best use out of every little bit of information that is collected and stored to produce meaningful, helpful reports, systems and analysis. I get great satisfaction from creating Excel or Access systems and streamlining reports that enable the collection and use of data elements to the maximum and creating automated systems that look and feel friendly to every user.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P:07900 998853
The Supporting Experts
Over the years we have been lucky to work alongside some amazingly talented and experienced individuals.
We now have a core group of experts in various areas : Oracle, SQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, CRM who we can call on if we need extra help with a project either to help speed up delivery or to enhance the product offering. We mainly specialise in Excel and Access design but sometimes experience in other areas is a real benefit and necessity. Our supporting experts are invaluable, sometimes just another point of view will help to move a project along in a new exciting direction
- E: email@example.com
- P:01747 838047
- Atkins Bland
- Cables 2 Go
- Cannon Hygiene
- CCT Venues
- Christian Cranfield Consultancy
- Client Insight
- Comic Relief
- Corgi Technical
- Delia Online
- Dunsmore Kennels
- Emmanuel Gobbilot
- Epilepsy Society
- Fleet Street Financial
- Generation IM
- Harwoods Group
- Heineken Ireland
- Katherine Hooker
- Kinari Design
- Lark Hill School
- Lloyds Register
- Logical Vehicle Management
- Mitie Business Services
- Natural High Safaris
- New Barnet Early Years Foundation
- New Horizon (Stockport) Ltd
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Offerton Hall Nursery
- Oxford Innovation
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Prysmian Cables
- Quadex Exhibitions
- Scratch Publications
- Signature Litigation
- Software of Excellence
- Stower Vale Pre-School
- Tellerman & Company
- Thomas Miller (P&I Europe) Ltd
- Tidal Wave
- Ukranian Agrarian Investments